Staffordshire LOC is a statutory NHS body, representing all local optometrists and dispensing opticians who provide services through the General Ophthalmic Services (GOS), encouraging them to maintain and further improve the high standards of eye care provided for the people of Staffordshire...
What does the LOC do?
The LOC represents the interests of its optometrists and dispensing opticians and acts as local interface with the NHS, and all other health related organisations and providers who wish to deal collectively with its members...
Currently the LOC:
1) Informs, advises and negotiates with the 6 CCG's and the NHS Staffordshire and Shropshire Local Area Team
2) Has been developing community eye care schemes across the 6 CCG's
3) Is represented on the board of LOCSU. Mike Cody is ABDO representative
4) Provides training and assessment for all clinicians. LOC officer Mark McCracken and Training Sub-group lead Judy Lea are both trained and accredited LOCSU Lead Assessors and three committee members are working towards attainment of peer facilitator accreditation
5) Is represented on the Staffordshire Diabetic Eye Screening Board by LOC officer Ian Meadows
Can I attend meetings of the LOC?
All optometrists, dispensing opticians and pre-reg students working in Staffordshire are welcome to attend LOC meetings as observers...
What's happening locally and nationally
Nominations Invited for Position Vacant on Staffordshire LOC
Following the resignation of longstanding member Mike Cody (CLO and Contractor) from Staffordshire Local Optical Committee, a casual vacancy has arisen on the committee.
As part of the merger of Primary Eyecare companies, we are inviting applications for clinical governance and performance leads in Shropshire & Staffordshire covering services in these areas commissioned through the company.
South Staffs Optical Society meeting - 10th October 2018
South Staffs Optical Society held a meeting on 10th October at the Moat House, Acton Trussell. This event was sponsored by Staffordshire LOC.
Other online resources for professionals and public